I can visit you in your home to resolve any problems or difficulties you may be having with your computers and home network. I can also help with your iPhone, iPad or Android phone or tablet, or indeed pretty much any other high-tech gadgets you may be struggling with.
* Resolving software and / or hardware problems - from minor irritations to complete system crashes.
* Installing additional memory, hard discs, printers and other peripherals.
* Configuring or extending your wired or wireless network including setting up a new router and wireless network security checkups.
* Sharing your printer(s) and/or data across your network.
* Migrating your data from an old computer to a new one including documents, photos, emails etc.
* Helping you get to grips with your iPhone, iPad or other smartphone or tablet, including setting up your email, connecting to your printer etc.
* Pretty much anything else you can think of related to your computer!
All repair and problem resolution work is carried out on a "no fix - no fee" basis.
The cost of this service is £35-00 for the first hour in your home
plus £25-00 for each additional hour. (minimum charge £35-00).
Note that most problems are resolved within the first hour.
If you would like help getting a new computer set-up, I offer a full installation service. The basic installation and set-up includes everything from unpacking the computer and physically setting it up to connecting to your home network, setting up your internet access and email account, connecting printers, scanners etc. and giving you a brief hands-on session to familiarise you with your new machine.
If you already have another computer, I can also transfer your documents, photos, music, emails etc. across from the existing system.
The Installation Service is charged on a time basis, but with a fixed upper limit on cost.
The cost is £35-00 for the first hour, plus £25-00 for each hour thereafter, however these costs are limited as follows:
* Installation and set-up – maximum cost £75-00
* Installation, set-up and data transfer – maximum cost £100-00
Finally, if you have already had a go at setting things up but got in a muddle, don’t be afraid to give me a call. I’m happy to come and sort things out and finish off the job for you!
Many people find that over time their system just doesn’t seem to perform as well as it used to. Even if your system appears to be running correctly, you may just like it to have a check over from time to time to ensure all is well. This is the purpose of the System Health Check which includes checking and resolving:
* Overall system performance issues
* Security issues (e.g. firewall and antivirus setting etc.)
* Removing unwanted or redundant software (including software that may have installed itself without you realising it!)
* Disabling unwanted browser plug-ins
* Windows Updates and Security Patches
* Device driver problems
* Anti-virus and Malware scans
At the end of the health check you usually end up with a a machine that performs much more smoothly and efficiently. At the very least, you get the knowledge that your computer was already in perfect shape !
The cost of this service is £35-00 per computer.
Would you like some one to one tuition in your own home, on your computer, tablet or smartphone covering exactly the topics you would like to cover?
I am very happy to offer tuition tailored to suit your individual needs, either as a one-off session or spread over a number of lessons. One to one tuition works best if you have specific goals in mind. Do feel free to contact me to discuss what you would like to cover, also please do make a list of any questions you may have in mind.
Tuition charges are £35-00 for a one hour lesson plus £25-00 per hour (pro rata) if you would like a longer session. In practical terms, lessons lasting around one hour tend to work best.